Thursday, October 6, 2011

What feels like, a MILLION years later....

I know...its been ages since I wrote in this blog and it makes me sad that I haven't been documenting everything. Life has been pretty crazy and upside down, lately. We are now back in North Carolina and settled into a very nice townhouse in Goldsboro. Oh right, btw we are no longer in Texas. I'd really rather not go into length about why we left, so I will just leave it at...it was time to move on before the situation got out of hand. 

This townhouse complex is called The Hamptons...very lavish sounding right? LOL It is pretty nice though and I have a great view of the million dollar houses just across from the complex. hahaha The journey here has been quite an extensive and stressful one but it had to be done. I drove a little over 1400 miles by myself with the boys. Stopping only in Panama City, FL to visit my Grandma and family for a night or two. Its amazing how lost you can get in driving a distance like that. Not physically lost. Like your brain just becomes so focused on driving that you lose all sense of time. Which actually played out in my favor. I don't ever want to drive that kind of distance again but at least now I can say I've done it. Bucket list item, CHECK. Then we got home to Goldsboro and were so thankful to have a place to crash with my friend Toni, just til we got our place a few days later. Now, in getting this oh so lovely place, we are now bone dry (money wise). Rent($785), prorated rent($52), rent deposit ($200), electricity deposit ($288), water deposit ($100), and not to mention food for the kids in the fridge...because when you first move in...you have NOTHING. LOL At the end of the day, even though i'm living on coffee and ramen for the next week or so, seeing the kids happy to have a place to call their own, makes it all worth it. 

It was actually pretty empowering doing all the moving myself and setting up my home. I moved a washer, dryer, couch, bed, and everything myself. It sucked while in the process but now looking at it all and i'm crazy proud of myself. Kind of like a reassurance that i'm not a completely helpless human being. That I can be independent. 

The husband is still deployed but seems to be keeping extra busy this time around. Not having as much "Playtime". Which I think may be a good thing? To pass the time faster...not really sure. But he is on the night shift now and isn't able to talk to the kids anymore. Which is proving to be hard on them and on him. I keep him fresh in their minds but they are so little, that if they don't get to see him everyday it becomes difficult. I'm hoping it gets better for all of our sakes. 

Ta-Ta for now,
- Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment